Please pay special attention to the following instructions to help maintain the softness of your silk items. Kindly understand that silk's sheen naturally decreases slightly after washing. The fabric still retains its durability & lasts many years. It even gets softer after each wash!
- pH neutral liquid detergent
- Machine wash delicate 30°C (86°F) (preferably in a dedicates wash bag)
- Hand wash 30°C (86°F)
- Dry clean. No trichloroethylene
- Iron low heat
- Steam or dry flat
- Do not bleach
- Do not tumble dry
Traditionally, silk is hand washed and dry clean only. Ours are of the highest quality, so they are machine washable, but they are still silk and need as much care as we can give them.
- If you wish to maximize the life of your pillowcase, hand washing is the ultimate method. Wash inside out.
- Always use a ph neutral liquid detergent. Silk is a natural fiber, and washing in a solution that's too acidic or alkaline can cause the silk to harden in a single wash. If you can't find a detergent that specifies ph level, go for one that specifies silk. Do not use bleach products.
- 30°C (86°F) is the ideal temperature to wash silk fabric.
- Iron on low heat, inside out.
To Machine Wash:
- Wash on a hand wash or delicate cycle only.
- Use the cold cycle on your washing machine.
- We recommend placing garments in a delicate mesh washing bag and turning the item inside out.
- Do not place it in a tumble dryer.
In other words, the better you care for your pillow case, the better it will care for you.